- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Greetings everyone , my name is Adwait and I am a Chef by education which is pretty much complete but all in all I like to be a learner. We all learn something at least at some points in life if not Everytime . Some come as lessons erobed in mistakes while some are in the form of advices which are seeked or some people like to give them for free as well . Today is the day I'm writing my first ever blog which is my full length exhaustive introduction to what I am planning for this community and this blog in particular but I promise you it's gonna be one of the best and the most interesting way you would read about food. The age and era in which we all are living is the age of wireless connectivity but let's be real and face it , the lesser the wires became the more tangled we found ourselves to be . Social media in it's innumerous forms is around everyone where a certain category of literate illiterates find glory (which is unreal in the first place) in pretentious representation of a utopian life that many want to live . This particular type of behavior surrounded by the materialistic paraphernalia is doing no good to anyone and in reality is pushing more and more people towards a phase of melancholy . Now you would be wondering that what am I , a chef who's supposed to be talking about food and ingredients, recepies and methods, pots and pans and etc is giving you bullshit about social media behavior that you probably keep hearing about almost all the time ? The answer to this lies in a particular life changing dialogue which is situated in the 1st half of the 3rd film in the Harry Potter franchise, 'Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban' where the great trio of Harry ,Ron and Hermione meet professor Lupin and have their very first encounter with a 'Dementor' . Professor Lupin utters very wise words to Harry by saying and I quote "Eat. You will feel better !" And thus handing him a piece of chocolate ,What a wise man ! Just with those words strolling across the length and breadth of my brain I thought that this is the power of food ! No matter how bad the situation is no matter how hard the time is ,even if you're haunted by sketchy looking , poorly designed CGI creature who probably hasn't brushed his teeth since the dawn of the universe, even in a case so severe ,food has the power to heel . In another movie that is Marvel's The Avengers (2012) while an entire army of alien race is trying to wipe out all of New York (the entire world according to Hollywood where they have a visa on arrival policy for aliens) Tony Stark aka Iron Man (love him 3000) Sees a shwarma joint down the block and wants to try it out after they're done saving the universe (New York) . Indeed again food is Powerful and thus we should realize how it impacts us . Speaking for me I never helped save a universe nor I was ever haunted by a CGI creature but yet there was something about food and ingredients and it being one of the most complex and beautiful forms of creation that it touched my soul like nothing ever did . My childhood if ever made into a movie would only be a series of montages where I will be only staring at sights of cooking where all the actions would be in SLO-Mo with some symphonic score playing in the background. That lit a fire in me which is now taking shape as I'm beginning my journey as a professional chef . With this post all I want for the reader is to go down his/her memory lane or shoot towards the future and just bring out that one food memory that brightens your face with joy and you too can feel the power of food .
To conclude my blog I wanna end it with yet another quote from another wise person
From the movie Thor: Ragnarok, no no I'm not talking about Hiemdall or Odin , I'm talking about Korg , and I quote :
"The Revolution Has Begun...."
Thank You for reading and have good time .
Adwait Patil.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments

This, right here, is by far the most beautiful introduction I've read in my 21 years of existence on this blue-green orb. And to quote another gentalman from a popular 2013 sitecom called Brooklyn 99, no not Holt or Jeffords but Captain Jason "C.J." Stentley, 'That's gonna leave a mark' . And unlike him, I'm using it correctly.
ReplyDeleteAll the very best for this new journey my friend.
Hello there , thank you so much for such great, humble and wholesome words . I'm really glad you are enjoying my work and I shall not stop my efforts to bring to you content that you would enjoy reading , stay tuned for this journey has only begun ..
Delete😀